For topic-specific information, explore the post “Categories” of this blog (see the dropdown menu on the main page of this site) and/or use the “Search” feature on the main page. Non-comprehensive lists of additional resources are listed below. If you require further assistance, please contact Joy Scrogum of ISTC’s Technical Assistance Program.
Illinois Organizations Focused on Food Waste Issues
- Illinois Food Scrap Coalition (IFSC)
- Wasted Food Action Alliance–dedicated web site coming soon. In the meantime, see an overview of this organization at https://sevengenerationsahead.org/illinois-wasted-food-action-alliance/.
General Zero Waste Information and Assistance
- Zero Waste Illinois–ISTC Technical Assistance Services: http://www.istc.illinois.edu/zerowaste
- US EPA–Reducing Waste: What You Can Do
Information for K-12 Schools
- The Wasted Food Action Alliance School Toolkit–Coming soon!
- The “Schools” category of this web site’s blog.
- Seven Generations Ahead–Zero Waste Schools
- Mindful Waste
- SCARCE–Lunchroom Waste Audit and School Composting Education
- NRDC–Wasting Less Food in K-12 Settings: Best Practices for Success
- Healthy Schools Campaign–School Food
- World Wildlife Fund–Food Waste Warriors